Information for FL-15 Small Businesses:
Below you will find quick FAQ's section about the CARE Act & Small Businesses. For an in-depth Small Business Owners Guide, click HERE.
SBA Faith-Based Organization(s) FAQ's & Guidance
Spano CARES Act Guide for Local Non-Profits
SBA's PPP Forgiveness Application Form & Instructions
SBA's EZ Forgiveness Application
U.S. Chamber of Commerce 'Guide to PPP Loan Forgiveness'
**NEW - UPDATED 08/20/20** :
Updated PPP Forgiveness FAQ
EZ Forgiveness Application (3508EZ)
Full Forgiveness Application
Is your small business struggling due to the recent COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic?
- Your business may be eligible for a new Paycheck Protection Loan (Borrowers Application)
- The Payment Protection Program provides $660 billion for 100 percent federally guaranteed loans for 8 weeks of assistance to small businesses and 501 (c)(3). Sole-proprietors, independent contractors, and other self-employed individuals are also eligible for these loans.
- You do not need to prove any loss of revenue to qualify for loans under the Paycheck Protection Program.
- Maximum loan amount for SBA express loans, which require less documentation and less paperwork, is increased from $350,000 to $1 million through December 31, 2020.
Who is eligible?
The bill cover smalls businesses with less than 500 employees, 501(c)(3)s and 501(c)(19) non-profits.
Where can you get this loan?
What can you use the loan amount for?
- Rent & Utilities /Payroll costs / Employee Salaries / Healthcare benefits
- Interest on any mortgage obligation (not including principal or pre-payments)
- Interest on Debt obligations incurred before Feb. 15, 2020.
How much can you borrow?
The maximum amount is the lesser of $10 million or 2.5 times the average monthly payroll based on last year’s payroll.
How long will it take to receive the money?
The SBA has authorized lenders to process, close, and service loans without SBA approval, giving you the means to invest in your business immediately.
What if you can’t pay it back?
- First, all payment on principal, interest, and fees will be automatically deferred for six months.
- For businesses that use the loan for purposes listed above, and retain staff, loan can be forgiven.
Can the entire loan be forgiven?
Only the portion of the loan used to cover payroll costs, mortgage interest, rent, and utilities for up to eight weeks can be forgiven.
Are lenders working with local CDCs for these loans?
While the bill does not explicitly mention CDC’s, they are eligible for loans under the CARES Act if they are classified as 502(c)(3)’s. Borrowers are advised to go through private lenders to acquire these loans, as both SBA and non-SBA certified lenders are authorized to make and approve loans under the Paycheck Protection Program
Small Business Loan Flowchart:
What other assistance programs are available?
Numerous Entrepreneurial Development Programs:
Provides grants and funding to offer training, counseling, and assistance to small businesses affected by COVID-19
Emergency Economic Injury Disaster Loans & Grants:
Want More Details?
Expedites access to capital for small businesses who have applied for an SBA EIDL. Businesses could request an advance of up to $10,000 on the loan to provide covered leave, maintain payroll, and pay debt obligations.
See below for additional resources and detailed information courtesy of House Committees:
Additionally, you can also read a topline summary
about what's included in the legislation. You can also see everything Rep. Spano has previously supported
in the fight against COVID-19.
Looking for individual tax rebate information? Click on the image below.
If you have reviewed all COVID-19 FAQ's and Tip Sheets and still can't find what you, your family or small business needs, please contact me.